- Bathtub or shower
- Private Bathroom
- Wardrobe or closet
- Table study
- Dining table
- Electric Kettle
- Microwave oven
- Dishwasher machine
- Washing machine
- Iron flat
- Washing machine dryer
- Iron table
- Dining area
Média & Technology
- Flat screen TV
- Internet Free WiFi
- House services cleaning
Safety & Security
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke alarms
Toilet & Bathrooms
Don’t throw trash to the bowl except toilet paper.
Do not squats on the toilet
Do not leave the toilet without flushing.
Be sure to dry and clean up the floor after using the bathroom to avoid accidents.
- Clean the bathroom after taking a shower.
- If you make a mess, please clean it up and dry the floor to avoid accidents.
- Wipe your piss off the toilet when you finish.
- If you leave toothpaste in the sink, rinse it out.
- If you leave water in the counter, wipe it off.
- Turn off the lights when you leave the bathroom.
- Never flush anything down the toilet except for toilet paper.
- Do not throw anything in the toilet except toilet paper.
- If you make a mess clean it up.
- Wash the dishes and kitchen wares after using it and clean it up the mess after cooking.
- Keep the table clean and wash the dishes right after having a meal.
- Put the trash in a specific garbage bin. Blue for the non biodegradable and Brown for the Bio-degradable.
- Any damage or broken must be report directly.
Rubbish and recycling
- All rubbish must be segregate with the plastic in the kitchen bin. When the bin is full take the rubbish bag outside and put it in the big pin that is provided (black bin for the waste materials).Recycle waste (E.g. plastic bottles, cans, newspapers, carton boxes should be place in yellow bin.)
- Garbage collection: Garbage should be taken outside the street starting at 7pm the night before the schedule.
- Black bin - Monday and Thursday
- Yellow bin – Wednesday
- Green bin – Friday
- Do not leave foods or scraps in your bedroom this encourage cockroaches, rats and flies it infest the property.
House Furniture and Screens
Resident staff must approve any changes to the rooms. If a student damages/breaks an item in the house they will be charged the price of repair or replacement.
- 1st offense: Verbal warning
- 2nd offense: Written warning
- 3rd offense: Termination of the contract, eviction in the house.
How to Use it?
- Remove the metal pieces that will damages the machine.
- Take out all substances in the pocket such as pins, coins, paper clips, and pen that may damages and cause some noise problem.
- Wash separately the clothes colors and white.
- Put the tablet detergent into the main wash compartment no. 2 or directly into the drum before washing.
How to set the program
Then Press the button “Départ’’
In case of mechanical function problems, there is an automatic washing cleaning services that you can find along the road to Mairie Achères.
Washing Machine Dryer
- Press the button “marche/arrêt’’
- Select the program into cotton if you are washing normal fabric clothes.
- Press the “niveau séchage” according to the volume of your clothes.
- Then press the button “Départ/Pause’’ when all is set.
Dish washer Machine
- Simply remove first of any food remains from pots, pans and table.
- Load your dishes properly to ensure that the plates don’t overlap and create blind spots that the jets of water can’t reach.
- Choose correct programs and options according to the amount of soiling and type of dishes in the dishwasher. You also can configure your program to have a shorter running time and to dry dishes more intensely.
- Don’t use to much powder or liquid detergent
- Keep track of what is yours - Label your items clearly with your name.
- Remember to throw away spoiled foods
- Clean up any leaks and spills.
Not To Do
- Don’t leave food uncovered.
- Don’t adjust temperature setting or leave the refrigerator door open longer than you need.
- Don’t move or take items that are not yours
- Remember, the house refrigerator is for everyone’s use. Be considerate!!!
Students should ensure that you do not run up excessive internet traffic levels. Internet use is provided primarily for academic purposes although reasonable personal use is permitted. For example, personal emailing is allowed, but for example downloading movies, playing mobile games should be kept to reasonable limits. This rules aren’t intended to stop you enjoying your internet connection, but to ensure that there is enough bandwidth for everyone.
The Fire Safety Rule
- Cooking, in any form, is not permitted in bedrooms
- Food cooking must be attended at all times. Oven cooked food must be checked regularly.
- All domestics appliances must be switched off, disconnected and left in a safe condition after use.
Heating times may vary during the winter and spring months depending on weather conditions.
Generally during winter; the heating is timed to come on morning and evening. When the heating is on, make it sure that all windows are close.
The heating will be switched off in the summer months.
Achères is located in the heart of Yvelines, in the Île-de-France region. It is located on the edge of the Val d’Oise, on the bank of the Seine, not far from the town of Saint Germain en Laye. Achères is 25 km from Paris, 21225 inhabitants 80 shops and 178 companies. Its activity area is ideally located 25 minutes from La Défense by RER A and 30 minutes from Paris Saint-Lazare by line L.
Opening hours of the town hall
Monday to Friday
8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. – 1:30 5:45 p.m.
6-8, rue Deschamps-Guérin 78260 Achères